Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Thoughts from Albin Talik - Artist

Albin Talik Art


"The technique that I use is called: paper painting. This is something based on a collage. I'm trying to get the effect of oil painting with irregular brushstrokes. My works are made up of thousands of pieces of paper. Implementation of such an image takes me a week to a month depending on the degree of complexity. The format is 70 X 100 cm and everything is covered with a large amount of glue."

Hi Albin, Your technique is very inventive and creative. Some day I would love to actually see them as I am sure that this technique is very tactile. What kind of paper do you use? And what is your motivation? What are you attempting to discover?

"I use paper from albums and newspaper. I think I'm doing this for many reasons. Firstly, this is some inner need, some kind of positive pressure that drives you. Secondly, there are some stories, emotions, vibration that you feel you must pass on, spit out. And thirdly, it is just a hobby, something that makes me happy. For me personally, art has become a place where I have completely settled in. I met wonderful people, teachers and friends."

I am curious? Why did you decide that the human head was a triangle?

"Oh it's long story.The light is the most important thing for me.It create 3d effect. In each of us there are good emotions and bad emotions, good and evil. I try to show that we are all somewhat alike. We are all humans. It depends on us what we do with our lives. What path we choose. When I was studying painting, my teacher forbade me to use black and white paint. This series is my rebound on those prohibitions. People often ask me why the characters in my paintings do not have heads or wear masks or pyramids. I like when art forces you to think, ask questions or thoughts.Of course, this is my point of view."





No comments: